Corporate General Counsel (US)
SCOPE OF POSITION
We are ZIONEXA.
Zionexa is a young, dynamic international company developing and commercializing molecular imaging companion diagnostics (CDx) for targeted therapies in Oncology that will help clinicians find the right treatment for the right patient at the right time. Our goal is to improve patients’ pathways and overall quality of life.
We are looking for an Attorney with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible corporate and/or commercial experience looking to make that next step in their career with an exciting company, headquartered in NYC.
The position will provide legal advice and counsel to the Company on the risks, strategies and legal implications of Zionexa’s development plan and strategy, policies, programs, decisions, contracts, litigation, compliance and related activities, with a focus on IP related matters. The position will also provide legal advice and counsel in connection with Corporate Business Development activities as well as with pre-launch, launch and post-launch commercial initiatives. On IP, BD and commercial activities, the position will drive and coordinate related legal actions plans, including working with external counsel.
The position will:
- Serve as legal advisor on commercial and corporate legal needs of the Company, with a focus on IP, together with Zionexa’s R&D team.
- Serve as legal advisor in connection with Corporate Business Development activities as well as pre-launch, launch and post-launch commercial initiatives and activities, mostly in the US and France.
- Manage external legal and IP consultants’ activities
- Analyze business and commercial initiatives, providing advice and counsel on applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to antitrust, commercial, false claims/anti-kick-back, fraud, abuse and other related compliance laws, regulations and requirements. Provide legal advice and counsel on business, commercial and development strategies including but not limited to marketing, sales, advertising and promotional strategies and materials.
- Provide counsel regarding statutory, regulatory and policy interpretations, assisting in providing related advice, counsel and training.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and agreements including but not limited to licensing, consulting/employment, service agreements, vendor, market research, trade-related agreements, confidentiality/proprietary, intellectual property, AI, real estate and other corporate agreements.
- Provide legal representation on cross-functional teams.
- Identify legal issues as they relate to the Company’s agreements and practices, proposing and implementing solutions, as appropriate.
- Generate reports, presentation, spreadsheets, memos and other documents for the Company as needed.
- Ensure compliance and necessary reporting required by PhRMA, Physician Sunshine Act, and other similar local or regional compliance programs.
- Monitor the legal environment and trends concerning the business.
The successful candidate will have:
· A JD from an ABA accredited law school and licensed/eligible to practice in-house in the State of New York.
· Have successfully passed the Bar and licensed in the State of New York.
· A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible corporate and/or commercial legal experience including significant experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts.
· Ideally, will have prior experience as an Attorney in pharma, biopharma, nuclear medicine or healthcare.
· Knowledge of issues relating to various areas of law, with a very strong focus on intellectual property (including patent prosecution and patent portfolio management), including contracts, anti-trust, data privacy, AI, employment law, litigation, regulatory compliance, health and insurances.
· Knowledge of Federal and State Laws, Statutes, regulations and codes related to company regulations, including knowledge of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, along with pharmacy industry related regulations.
· Excellent communication, organization, analytical, presentation, negotiation and compute/pc skills are required.
· The ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 40%.
· Member in good standing of the New York State Bar.
Attractive package Inclusive of base salary commensurate with experience, incentive, and equity plan. Benefits inclusive of health, life, dental and 401K with employer match.