MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISION – ONCOLOGY
SCOPE OF POSITION
Zionexa is a dynamic and growing international company, developing and commercializing molecular imaging companion diagnostics (CDx’s) for targeted therapies in Oncology that will help clinicians find the right treatment for the right patient at the right time. Our goal is to improve patients’ pathways and overall quality of life.
The FDA has approved Cerianna (Fluorestradiol F-18) a molecular imaging agent for use in Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging for the detection of estrogen receptor-positive lesions as an adjunct to biopsy in patients with recurrent or metastatic breast cancer. Cerianna is the 1st FDA approved F-18 PET imaging agent specifically indicated for use in patients with recurrent or metastatic breast cancer.
This is an exciting time for Zionexa as we begin our journey. Come be a part of an outstanding international team, one that is striving to make positive impacts in peoples’ lives. As we begin with the launch of Cerianna, we are looking for an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Oncology professional to join us on our journey.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building relationships while demonstrating clinical outcomes and the benefits of Cerianna and other company products to healthcare professionals, medical groups and decision makers in Oncology, through evidence based and non-promotional scientific based activities. The MSL – Oncology will strategically support the development and prepare launch, commercialization and Life Cycle Management (LCM) of Cerianna and other company products through education, clinical trial support, research activities, scientific exchange and engagement with medical experts, key stakeholders and members in the scientific community along with regional government and/or regulatory authorities and payors. They will participate in education of patient advocacy groups and community oncology outreach. This is a filed based position.
- Chicago (1)
- Dallas (1)
- Seattle (1)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a scientific liaison to the medical and scientific communities, developing, establishing and maintaining relationships with Oncologists and other Oncology related professionals and experts within the assigned geographic areas and or accounts.
- Design, develop and implement educational materials and programs to educate and demonstrate the benefits of Cerianna and other company products to teaching hospital faculty, residents, students, scientific communities, clinical and medical professionals focused in Oncology.
- Develop long term professional relationships, build advocacy with and gain contributions from regional, national and international Oncology and Medical experts, Healthcare Professionals and Decisions Makers.
- MSL’s will provide feedback and insights to better inform and communicate with Zionexa’s research and potentially influence product development and the direction of the company.
- Share and discuss scientific data with the Healthcare Professionals to ensure quality and accuracy of medical and scientific information.
- Ensures proper dissemination of clinical and educational information regarding marketed and pipeline products in a timely, legal, ethical, compliant and customer focused manner.
- Implements and communicates educational and scientific strategies in collaboration with colleagues.
- Provides related medical information to health sources including external health and scientific professionals, public and government agencies.
- Explores, identifies and recommends sites for clinical trials in all stages of development., including site initiation and patient enrollment.
- Coordinates and may conduct and/or participate in continuing education workshops, seminars and programs for physicians, residents, pharmacists, nurses, scientists and other Oncology focused professionals.
- Schedule educational and informational programs to enhance sales and product campaigns.
- Will become a reliable and trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge and information requested by their clients.
- Works closely with Marketing on key-selling strategies and messages, along with sales training initiatives.
- Prepares and maintains related data, analysis and reports, making presentations to management, key decision makers and the community as needed.
- Assist with internal training of new MSL’s and other related staff.
- Performs other related tasks as needed.
- Prefer an advanced degree in Health Sciences in a medical related field (MD, PharmD, RN, PA…).
- Appropriate current licensure in their respective field.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of Oncology related experience to include strong current working knowledge of the Oncology field. Previous experience with breast cancer oncology products a plus.
- Prefer prior Pharmaceutical industry experience including radiopharmaceutical/nuclear pharma.
- Prior clinical research experience, helpful.
- Prior experience in Business Development and/or Sales.
- Solid time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, analytical, computer/pc skills are required including Office 365, Salesforce, group collaboration applications and other related software.
- Must be able to comprehend large amounts of scientific content and be able to clearly and precisely communicate this.
- Valid state drivers’ license with a clean driving background.
- Prior experience as an instructor or teacher, trainer helpful.
- Occasional occupational exposure to radiation.
- Occasional exposure to moderate environmental variations, above average noise levels, and/or some unpleasant substances.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job).
- Requires the ability to travel in excess of 50% of the time.
- Some international travel may also be required.
- Light to moderate physical exertion, including occasional standing, bending, reaching, lifting and ability to carry light to moderate heavy loads of up to 40 pounds (any heavier lifting in excess of 40 pounds would be with assistance).
To ensure equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Zionexa, U.S. will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified individual, unless undue hardship on the operation of the business would result.
Recognizing that it will not be possible to respond to every applicant expressing interest, and we will reach out only to those meeting the qualifications, we thank you in advance for your interest in Zionexa.
Keep watching our website as we continue to grow!
Please no phone calls or emails to any employee of Zionexa regarding any position opening. To all Agencies, resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Zionexa by email, internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Zionexa, unless a search firm/employment agency was engaged by Zionexa for a particular position and a valid agreement with Zionexa was in place. Should a candidate who was submitted outside of the Zionexa agency process be hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.